flooded pontiac

I live in the south,my car 2002 Pontiac Firebird got flooded,not salted water, Can it be repared.I really love that car. Can any one give me an advice???????

Reply to
trishwa

Joe Coffey

I've salvaged cars that have ended up submerged in a river - but it is not a trifling job. You pretty well need to dissassemble the entire wiring harness (connections) to clean and "condition" the contacts to prevent corrosion down the road. All printed circuits need to be cleaned with distilled water, and carefully dried. All of the sound deadning and insulation material needs to be cleaned, disinfected, and dried. Same with upholstery.Even headliners in many cases.

Then there is the engine and drive-line -----. All needs to be done VERY SHORTLY after pulling out of the water, or it is too late.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Mike De Vito here, or replace the dash from the junk yard once the car is dried, also they have specific shops that treat flooded cars.

Reply to
Michael C De Vito