Transmission

I have just acquired a 1993 pontiac grand prix & when I put it in drive & drive it it won?t shift to any higher gear, it also sometimes dies when I come to a stop. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Brett3

I put my car in park and while the gear went into park, the indicator was still in drive.I turned the car off and tried to restart and it would not crank. I had to use the emergency brake because the engine is still in drive. Is my car a goner. Oh it's a 1995 Pontiac Sunfire.

Reply to
devoted1

Reply to
Shep

Hello Brett3, could be low on tranny fluid, and engine idle could be to low, check both,-----now drive the car as astandard shift------from low on the gear shifter up to 2nd, then to drive, and see if tranny shifts, if not have a tranny shop check it out-------Dextron tranny fluid only in Pontiacs. Mike De Vito

Reply to
Michael C De Vito