mobil 1 synthetic ATF

has any one here used Mobil 1's full synthetic ATF? and if so what did you think? I've been using Mobil 1's 10w-30 in both my 2002 ram1500 SLT 4x4 5.9l gas,and my wife's 1998 Mitsubishi montero sport,and i got to say it makes a huge difference. They run smother and get better mileage. best of all it lasts for 6000miles or six months no prob.

Reply to
mpberti

I use Mobil 1 10w-30 in both our 2000 Impala and 1997 Dakota. I use 15w-50 in my 1950 8N Ford tractor. It starts a lot easier in cold weather and the blue puff of smoke at start up went away. 5000 mile interval on the vehicles and once a year for the tractor. Once I get the conventional oil I've got on hand used up, I'll be using Mobil 1 in everything, even the lawn mower.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

Ken, I have also used Mobil 1 products in my gas engines, before I owned a Cummins, with good success. Now I use Valvoline Premium Blue Synthetic 5w-40, as recommended by Cummins.

However, the OP's question was in regard to ATF. I am also interested in any opinions of Mobil 1 ATF or any other brands besides Mopar. It is time to replace the ATF in the tranny and transfer case and time to change the gear oil in the diffs.

Do you have any experience or recommendations about ATF and gear oil other than Mopar?

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

I used Mobil 1 ATF in a manual transmission that called for ATF as lube. It seemed to make the trans shift a bit easier and smoother. AFA auto trans use in a Mopar, I haven't used it. My truck is happy with ATF+3 and I just bought a case of it at a clearance price. This batch was made by Valvoline.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

Just a thought with some syn transfluid. You might want to check with DC before hand. Some makers will void a warranty if a non approved fluid is used in a trans. GM did that with the ZF manuel box in the Z06.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

My user manual indicates that one should use synthetic gear oil if doing a lot of towing.

Reply to
GeekBoy

I have used Amsoil's ATF in my 5.9l Durango for all changes since changing out the factory ATF at 20k miles with no negative effects. It seemed to shift more smoothly with the Amsoil but it may be due to purging the old ATF (likely with some accumulated debris/contamination) with fresh ATF. since then (2 more changes) it continues to shift very smooth. Amsoil's ATF seems to work and I will likely keep using it as long as it continues that way. regards, Joe. Life may not be the party we hoped for,But while we`re here we should dance

Reply to
Joe Brophy

Joe Brophy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Personally, I use Royal Purple exclusively in my 04 RAM Hemi. That includes the tarnny, transfer case, and diffs. Unlike many, Royal Purple already contains the additive needed for the limited slip diffs. My tranny runs cooler and shifts more positively since I changed all fluids over at 2500 miles.

Reply to
Brewster

FYI Royal Purple motor oil contains zinc which, over time, ruins cat converters.

Reply to
Heatwave