Grand Am Cooling Fan Not Working

I've got a 91 Grand Am that the cooling fan is not kicking on in. When I turn the key to the "on" position, all lights (check engine, oil light, etc) come on except the temp light. Replaced the temp sensor and the coolant temperature sensor. Still not kicking on. Any ideas? I also tried putting the computer in diagnostic mode (shorting two pins) and the temperature light comes on and the cooling fan kicks on.)

Reply to
waterboy44

see if your getting voltage to the fan motor with car hot.you may have to wait for switch to send current.or unplug fan and hook to 12volts to see if it runs.if not ,bad fan motor.lucas

ds549

I know the fan is getting voltage though because when I put the fan in diagnostic mode the fan kicks on.

Reply to
waterboy44

When you flip on the a/c does the fan come on? The cooling fan wont come on until the engine is just about over heated according to the gauge.

Reply to
seeray28

you might try replaceing the fan relay, it is located in the fuses compartment. lucas

ds549

Reply to
waterboy44