Grand Am - Not much air from heating vents

Hi... my heater doesn't get very hot. I tried replacing the thermostat and rad fluid. The temp guage still doesn't go beynod the first notch except if the vehicle is parked and then it will go halfway. I have even blocked the front grill with cardboard.

With winter fast approaching I would like to HEAT things up... any suggestions?

Also the air, even on the highest position, is almost non-existant on the side vents but strong on the centre ones. I was told the "air box" under the hood could be full of dirt and leaves. Given the air intake below the windshield wipers is very small in terms of the holes to allow intake, could this be? Has anyone experienced similar problems.

Thank you :)

Reply to
Pontiac Fanatic

I have seen the AC evaporator more than 3/4 blocked with dust and debris.

It is easy to clean for any mechanical inclined person. First you will have to remove the left side steering rack support then wrapping a rope around pull it forward and tie it off in front. This is necessary to get to all the screws. Remove all the fan housing screws. Remove the fan housing to expose the evaporator. Vacuum as much debris that you can then flush the remainder with water.

Reply to
Scott Buchanan

Reply to
phil neely