GXP

Are the 04 Bonneville GXP's out yet?

Reply to
markwb

January 2004 - It replaces the supercharged SSEi........

Probably gonna be close to $40,000 I'll take a look at it, but I didn't like the looks of the one at the Chicago Auto show last winter.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~270,000 miles_~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

DETROIT - Combining exhilarating performance with sophisticated interior appointments, the 2004 Bonneville GXP is the first of a new line of Pontiacs designed to provide an enhanced driving experience for the serious enthusiast. The vehicle will be available in Pontiac dealers beginning in February 2004 with a base MSRP of $35,995.

"Given the Bonneville's history as one of the original Pontiac performance cars, it's fitting that this new model kicks off a new level of commitment to the ideal that Pontiac has always strived for - namely to make driving as exciting as possible," said Lynn Myers, Pontiac-GMC general manager. "The Bonneville GXP will set a high standard for the other GXP models to follow, with a sensuous approach to styling and superior power and handling characteristics."

Originally shown as a concept vehicle at the 2002 Chicago Auto Show, the Bonneville GXP immediately captured the attention of the automotive press and the public.

"It was a real treat to see people's reaction to the direction we took with that concept car," said Bob Kraut, marketing director for Bonneville, Grand Prix and GTO. "One thing we heard loud and clear was 'don't change a thing,' so we set out to keep the production car as close to the concept as possible."

There's much more at the website, this is only the first section.

?domain=3&docid=1759

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

They are going to continue production on the (3800) SE, SLE Bonnevilles I hope. I'm a working man, I'm not paying $40,000 for a vehicle, Harry. I've got a few years left on this Bonny anyway. I was just curious about the new line of Bonnevilles, I'de hate to see them drop the model completely.

-- markwb

2001 Bonneville SLE
Reply to
markwb

Thanks for the link.

-- markwb

2001 Bonneville SLE
Reply to
markwb

Same here. AAMOF, with the last price hikes I'm not sure I'd be able to afford my SLE as I could back in 2001.

I wish Pontiac would offer the supercharger as an option in the SLE as they used to though...

Reply to
Neo

As far as I have seen the SE - SLE will continue to offer the 3800. I got some miles to go on mine too. Running it down to Florida in two weeks, about a 3000 mile round trip.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~270,000 miles_~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

I find the horse power and torque is so close to current SSEi model. What I think GM should do is to offer 6 or 7 speed standard tranmission option to their current SSEi model than it can easily achieve less than 7 sec without the help of V8.

Mnn

Reply to
NOSPAM

I think they should make it RWD and drop in a 455 cu in V8 but thats not going to happen ...

Reply to
Dennis Smith

I disagree. At over $35000, a car better have a V8.

As for the transmission, GM doesn't have such a transmission for transversal applications and I don't think that it could find it in other manufacturers it owns part of (such as Alfa Romeo, which has manual transmissions for transversal V6 engines, but none as torquey as the 3800 SC).

GM will have a new 5-speed automatic family for transversal applications in YM 2005 or 2006 and probably starting with Cadillac.

Reply to
Neo