Harmonic Balancer Broke

Started up the car about 4pm and heard one hell of a racket under the hood. Open the hood to inspect. The noise was there at idle but went away if you give it the gas.

I slipped the belt off to test the pulleys but didn't grasp the harmonic balancer at this time.

The noise sounded more like it was internal.

After supper I slipped the belt off again and grabbed the HB pulley and it was spinning around the rubber hub.

Always nice to be grounded for the holiday.

Also today, mother's LF stabalizer pin broke on her car.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~297,491 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Wrap some duct tape around it :)

Reply to
Eugene

When it rains it pours. Sorry to hear about you run of bad luck.

Craig

Reply to
Craig Watts

I feel for you.. I would have cried, if it were me......

so close to 300,000........ and a shoe had to drop.

Reply to
Markansas

$138 for my HB at the Chevy dealer my buddy works at.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~297,522 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face