Harmonic Balancer, Power Steering Pump or Crank?

Coming from the vehicle "1993 Pontiac Grand Am v6" 3.3 Liter

I have a loud rattling, obnocious sound coming from beneath the power steering pump. Several individual told me different things.

One said it could be the "Harmonic Balancer" Another said it could be the "Power Steering Pump" Another said it could be a "Crank"

I don?t know who to believe.

I bought a power steering pump, but there is nothing wrong with the way the car turns, there is no struggle in turning.

But this is getting louder and louder and LOUDER AND LOUDER AND LOUDER.

Reply to
nativeera

Try to turn the alternator belt by hand. If you can, I would guess its the harmonic balancer.

Reply to
80 Knight

take the belts off and try each component by hand to look for noisy bearings or loose ness in the air pump,the alternator,powerer steering pump,and harmonic balancer and crank pullies. you might jusfind your problem.lucas

ds549

The serp belt tensioner is under the PS pump. My guess is that it is shot, and it and the belt are ready to fly off and do major damage.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul