Horn Fuse blow every few weeks....why?

97 pontiac GA 3.6 every few weeks I am replacing the horn fuse, any idea what is shorting, I think its on it own circuit if I remember correctly.
Reply to
Essb

The horn fuse is for the horn relay, not the horn itself. Most vehicles have more than one item per fuse. Check your op manual and see whatelse in on that fuse.

Reply to
« Paul =?is

The horn could be bad. I have two in my 95 GA. It had a blown fuse when I got it. I replaced it checked the horns and it blew again. I disconnected the right horn replaced the fuse checked it and the left horn worked without blowing the fuse. I'm going to replace that right horn, but at least the left works.

Reply to
Cage

On my TranSport the horn fuse is for the horn., Blowing the horn for more than a second or so at a time always blew the fuse. I went one fuse size higher and it has not blown since. I think the horns have been replaced with something just a tad more poweful than stock.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Reply to
Silver Surfer

disconnected

I thought I had only one horn, but I will check it to make sure, if 2 I will disconnect one a see if it still blows, if it does I will reconnect and diconnect the other one.

Reply to
Essb