I need advice on a 91 grand prix

my friend just got a new car and heís offering his grand prix to me for $500 and if I get it, itíll be my first car. I donít exactly
remember the year but I belive itís early í90s. Thereís no rust or anything wrong with it except he said thereís a slow oil leak and you have to check it once every 2 to 3 weeks. I guess he took it in to have the leak checked out, but nobody could figure out where it was leaking, but he stressed to me it was only leaking, not burning oil. It also has an adjustable steering wheel but the lock to hold it in place is broke so the wheel moves up and down while youíre driving. Does anyone have any advice for me?
‚úĖ

I had a small oil leak in my '92 Grand Prix. It had the 3.1L V6 motor. The leak turned out to be an oil pump drive seal or something like that. The little rubber seal only cost 50 or so cents. As for the steering wheel moving up and down I had that problem too. If you're problem is exactly the same as mine, it could be very difficult and dangerous to drive the car. I only drove mine for a couple of days before junking the entire car (there were other problems as well and well over 300,000). Grand Prix's are good cars and will last a long time if they are and have been maintained but I would definitely get that tilt steering wheel problem looked at if I were you.
<80Knight>
Add pictures here
‚úĖ