Is it What I think it is? :(

I have a 2000 Grand Prix Se and I just notice a oil like substance in my coolant recovery bottle under the hood. The car runs perfectly and idles very smooth. Just after changing my oil two months ago I had to add one quart of oil, after the check oil light came on. My car has 69K miles

Questions:

1) Do I have a head gasket leak ? 2) Is this an expensive job and How Much will it cost to repair ? 3) How will my engine act when the problem get wose.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
adrian kinzy

If you got an Oil like residue in the bottle check the radiator to see if the you got oil in there. May be a leak in the radiator side tanks where the trans cooler is, allowing trans oil to mix with the coolant.

Good Luck.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~276,100 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

isnt that a totally seperate assembly?

Reply to
Paradox

Some tranny coolers are in the radiator core, so no.

If you are thinking head gasket, you would usually have the opposite effect of water in the oil and usually carbon in the coolant. And definitely, coolant loose.

Reply to
98 Camaro