Jerky performance

A friend of mine has a 1987 pontiac. I don't know the model. It has an automatic transmission. He says that the car and jerks at different speeds depending on the shift setting. He's replaced air and fuel filters plugs and a few other items--no success. Any ideas? Thanks, Al

Reply to
Albert Terzian

Need to know what model engine & trans. Off the top of my head without any other info, I would say check you engine mounts.

Reply to
Micah

Thanks Micah. We will check mounts. I will find out what the model etc. and probably get back to you. Al

Reply to
Albert Terzian