lowering a 2000 grand am gt

I just bought a 00 grand am gt for my daughter and would like to buy one of those spring kits that drops the car 1.5-2 inches and I was wondering how hard these are to install?

I've restored my 69 GTO, rebuilt engines, etc but have no real experience working on newer cars

my question is would I be getting over my head to do it myself?

thanks for any help.

Duane

Reply to
radgto

those spring kits

working on newer cars

I have a friend that does that. It's pretty easy. You could do both sides on a Saturday afternoon. Be sure to buy and install new control arms else your tires will stick out at odd angles and handling will be quite dangerous.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

dont forget struts, if you just put in the springs with stock struts the car will bounce on bumps and be quite unsafe

of those spring kits

experience working on newer cars

Reply to
M.C. Tee