Need some help with my Grand Prix

I have recently purchased a 1986 Pontiac Grand Prix LE with a 305 and I have to get an emissions test done but my "service engine soon" light is constantly on. I have already failed one E test, and have done a few basic things to try to help it pass on it's second try, but I noticed that there was no check engine light while I start the vehicle. With some careful removal of the dash trim etc., I found that the service engine soon bulb was not there. I replaced it and now the light is constantly on. I have tried to get the error codes out of it, but it does not give me any. I noticed what looks like a few vacuum lines missing but I can not tell where or what else should be connected. Does anyone have any vacuum line diagrams for this car? I do not want to have to spend a fortune to take it to a dealer to have it diagnosed. Is there anything I could try? Any help that I could get from here wold be greatly appreciated.

Duane

Reply to
69Rocketman

Sounds like you found the reason they sold it. I guess they conveniently forgot to tell you they removed the ses light bulb. Get a manual with vacuum line diagrams, and start searching.

Reply to
98 Camaro

dont do anything to it set your air mixture screws 2 full turns out and have the smog man repair it. you will just be wasting more money changing the wrong parts, probably need a power valve in the carb by now.

Reply to
GREASY DICK