New GTO... Is it me or did they change it?

Checked the website today, looks like they re-did the front end a bit. Seems to me it's more aggressivce looking that what I saw a few months ago. So, did they change it, or is it just me?

BTW, I am really drooling now. Waiting to get a test drive. My salesman promised a November delivery, but that hasn't happened. Anyone got a clue when they'll surface?

Reply to
Joseph Roche

Why didnt you buy the last year of the WS6 Firebird? It had more performance and actually looked agressive instead of looking like everything else on the road. I think you could have gotten it for less as well.

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

Wasn't in ther market last year... I'm still paying off my Yukon GT! Plus, I did the Trans Am thing back in the '80s. Not much interested in them birds. Now, don't flame me over that, I just don't really like them. Plus, my uncle has a Firehawk convertible. I can't be a copy cat!

Reply to
Joseph Roche

They're supposed to be delivered in late winter or spring AFAIK. I didn't notice any restyling, but it's always possible.

BTW, the GTO will list at 33,630 fully loaded (not that there's a lot of options...) and even though it looks like the phone company's car, I like surprising the snot out of a lot of those "purists" that are wretching about the lack of a hood scoop, even though this incarnation is faster (stock vs. stock) than any GTO offered before, even the GTO Judges.

Reply to
Kmikl

Sometimes its not about the horsepower!

Reply to
GTO Driver

It has always been about horsepower and looks. It has been a big gap from

1967 to now, but the new GTO is one sweet machine. I'll bet that your GTO, if you have one, was all about horsepower until something faster came along! ;-)
Reply to
Sting Ray

There`s always the possibility of something faster coming along!

Reply to
Philip Wagner