VW is trying to screw me.

About 3 months ago I noticed what seemed to be "abnormal" wearing of the bottom cushion and bottom-side bolsters on the driver's side seat of my 02' GTi. I reported it to the dealer, who told me that they couldn't do anything with it, and that it would need to be examined by the Volkswagen rep. During the time I had to wait to see the guy, I had 2 other "normal" people and 2 service advisors at 2 different VW dealers look at the seat. All of them agreed that the wear was abnormal, as did a sales-person and my dealer's service manager who saw the car today. This morning I went to the VW dealer to (finally) have my apointment with the rep. and he claimed (while the amazed service manager stood right next to him) that the wear is the result of "the clothes I wear". I pointed out to him that blue-jeans and t-shirts are my normal clothes, and asked how it is they were having such a bad-effect (the seat material is fraying fairly badly) and then paraded him around the lot looking at used Golfs and Jettas (some of which had more than double the mileage my car has, most of them were at least 2-years older than my car), none of which had wear like my seat. Still, he claims I'm doing something different to make the seat wear that way...apparently my ass is eating the seat, unbeknownest to the rest of my body. I've called corporate and lodged a complaint, asking that they do something to rectify the situation, and they want 3 weeks to submit paperwork and review the case before giving me a response. This is simply compounding the fact that a sensor in my driver's side door stopped working a few weeks ago, and that the center console in my car broke (seemingly of it's own free will) and the dealer tells me it's not covered under warranty, so I'll have to pay for it. Did I mention that the little VW emblem fell off my key fob and they won't even glue a new one on there? I've gotta pay like $60 for a new key if I want one that's still "complete". All this, and the WRX I test drove 3 days before buying my car is out roaming around somewhere, as are the RSX Type S, Prelude SH, Celica GT-S and 328i Convertible I test drove. And I'm thinking...they probably didn't have these problems. BTW, they're asking like $27,000 for the 2 new Jetta GLis they've got on the lot. For $27k I can see other things in the driveway.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

I can understand being less than thrilled with the situation, however, asking you to wait while they run paper work to review the decision does not sound all that bad. You have will have full use of your car while they waste their time.

Why did the dealer tell you the door sensor and broken part were not covered? How many miles do you have on the car?

As for the key fob, are you really going to let a little VW advertising spoil your day?

Try to put life into perspective. Don't let the little stuff get you down. Now if the brakes go out and you end up in the hospital, that might spoil my afternoon.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

It's simply frustrating that I've got to sit around for another 3 weeks waiting to get the *proper* decision on something that's already taken 3 months to get the rep. to look at.

The door sensor is covered, they're fixing it Monday. The part in the center console is for some reason on a secondary part of the warranty that expires after 12,000 miles and they won't fix it now.

Just under 28,000. It's a 2002 model that I bought new in December 2001.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

so...break the key, so they can't refuse fixing it. The key is covered for the full term of the warranty.

Reply to
Pete Cressman