is it me or?

is it just me that thinks nicholas cage is a s**te actor? watching gone in 60 seconds and he comes across so false and unconvincing

Reply to
Vamp

You watched Gone in 60 seconds and were studying Nicholas instead of Angelina ?

Hmmmm....

Reply to
Lordy

60 seconds and he comes

Its just you.

Reply to
Dan405

seconded

Reply to
Theo

What about Eleanor? Bet she's a goer know what I mean, nudge nudge, a nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat. ;)

Reply to
Depresion

I believe Vamp is more 'into' Range Rovers.

Reply to
Lordy

Thirded. He's never been Oscar material, but he's definetely one of my favorite actors.

Reply to
Lordy

60 seconds and he comes

IMO, he is TERRIBLE in Gone in 60 seconds. But then, it's a terrible movie. If you wanna see him in some good movies, check out Matchstick Men - although don't pay too much attention to the plot.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

Didn't he win an oscar for Leaving Las Vegas?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

nah that torque film is TErRRIBLE....

Reply to
Theo

You really think that ?

I think it's an excellent film ! Bruckheimer's stuff is always very entertaining.

Reply to
Nom

It's just you. He /can/ act, but his quality control in choosing parts is terrible.

A /lot/ of his roles have been (very) undemanding, and IMHO, he treats them as such. If you want to see him proving he can act, check out "Adaptation" (although it's probably a bit too left-field for most folks).

Reply to
Jamesy

Yeah, to be honest it's been ages since I saw it, but didn't like it much. You know that bit where they're just getting ready to go out stealing cars, Nic Cage puts on a bit of music or something and 'psyches' himself up? God that made me cringe. I'm probably just a film tight-ass as I like 'art' films and Kill Bill 2 ;)

Reply to
Chris B

Yebbut Kill Bill 2 was shit. Tarantino's like a kid in a sweet shop now he's realised he can do exactly what he likes and people'll still watch it.

Reply to
Doki

the rock i thought he was ok/

Reply to
Theo

In news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, Fraser Johnston decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

problem is, he went back...

Reply to
Pete M

I don't think Tarantino's motives for creating Kill Bill 1 & 2 were that he could do whatever he liked and people would still watch it. The thing about Tarantino is he's probably the biggest movie fan in the world, and he's ended up being able to *make* movies. That's why he's like a kid in a sweet shop. Fortunately, he's quite brilliant at making movies. Kill Bill 1 was a pastiche of Eastern/martial arts movies Kill Bill 2 was primarily a pastiche of Western movies - such as Unforgiven, the Good, the Bad & the Ugly, etc - all slow, ponderous films. If you saw KB1 and thought it was fantastic (and you should have thought it fantastic, it's an absolutely brilliant movie), it's understandable if you were disappointed with KB2. Possibly Tarantino's only mistake was in thinking he could cross genres so blatantly between pt.1 and pt.2 and expect people to just 'get it'. Frankly, I was at first a little bit disappointed by the lack of action in KB2 (I was expecting more massive fight scenes), but on the whole I thought the film was entertaining - just in a completely different way to KB1.

Does anyone like 'Shadow of the Vampire'?

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

In article , snipped-for-privacy@recycle.bin spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

MR2?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Perhaps that's not what he was thinking, but I bet you there wasn't anyone saying "Hang on a minute quentin, that's s**te." when he made it. Half the time I felt like I was watching an episode of Lovejoy, the amount of talking at the camera that was done.

TBH I didn't think either was particularly special, as far as "good" films go. Obviously it's better than sitting through Hugh Grant + stupid woman #37. I thought Kill Bill was alright, but I did see it on a telly instead of at the cinema. The thing about The Good Tthe Bad and The Ugly is that it's a brilliant film, even in pan and scanned 4:3. Kill Bill 2's not good even in a cinema...

On a completely unrelated note, I'll tell you what else was a stinking crock of shit; Amélie.

Reply to
Doki