Oil Leak

Hi,

Two days ago I was driving ( 2001 Pontiac Sunfire ) and I noticed my car battery light come on, I immediately suspected that my alternator belt must have snapped during some point. I pulled over and popped the hood open, my engine overheated as there was smoke coming from it. I looked at the alternator and confirmed that the belt actually did snap. Luckily, there was a GM dealership down the road so I waited half an hour and I was able to drive it into the dealership.

They replaced the belt and I drove the car home. After a full day of use I now notice 2 little pools of oil beneath the car, the oil is actually on the passenger side. My vehicle was driving fine all day, I was even on the freeway for about 1 hour. Any ideas where this oil could be coming from? Considering the situation, what would most likely be the cause?

Thanks,

Reply to
carrajo

the cause? my guess would be the good ol folks at the gm shop you went to. My local gm 'buddies' were fixing a fuel line on my car and while they were at it they decided to puncture my oil pan and stuffed the hole with a small piece of cardboard so that it would take a day or two for the oil to soak through enough to leave a spot on my driveway. I've since decided to trust only backyard mechanics.

Reply to
MarkMarkMark MarkMarkMark