overheating question

Hope this is the right forum to ask in. If not, please direct me where to ask.

I have an '89 Sunbird that's getting close to overheating. It happens rather fast and if I don't pay attention, it will overheat. If I rev the engine and increase the RPMs, it'll cool down. I turn the heater on to help bleed off some of the temp and I can smell anti-freeze/coolant. Just changed the thermostat.

Think this is the waterpump, radiator, the fluid, heater core. or.....?

Thanks!

Matt

Reply to
Matt Langenfeld

If you can smell coolant, you might have a heater core leak. Have your system pressure tested for leaks. How much anti-freeze are you adding each day? Week? How about flushing the system?

Reply to
Mike