Pontiac 3800 Series II recall/service bulletin

Yesterday I got a bulletin in the mail indicating that there could be some leaking problems in the 2000-2003 3800 engines. The letter said to take the car in and the intake bolts would be replaced and some sealer would be placed in the radiator. Oh, now that's real nice! Instead of fixing the problem, they are going to put sealant in the radiator?

This is the second Pontiac I've owned, the first being a '88 Firebird Formula. It had problems and my 2001 GP GT has had some. Specifically, a splotch in the paint, ripples in the windshield glass, and now this. Where's Pontiac's build quality? I think that the have some decent looking vehicles but if you can't drive them.....

Anyone had the repair work done on their GP yet? What about this sealant stuff?

Reply to
skeets1

Its no biggie it just sounds like preventive maintenance to me. They dont want you having bigger problems down the road. The sealent is probably just ginger root. Just about every car on the road has some sort of sealer put in the coolent and/or oil from the factory now.

Reply to
Bonnevilles R Kewl

I was concerned about putting some gunk in my radiator (cooling system) too. But I saw the tablets in a GM Parts Envelope so if you had any problems GM would be bound just for the sake of customer good will to repair it. Bottom Line: Don't worry about it.

RP

Reply to
Rex Pender