Pontiac 400

I have a 67 firebird convertable and wanting to swap out the 71 2barrel

350 for a 400. I want to make it a 400 clone and already have the hood and proper emblems but have no idea on where to begin with my 400 build up. I would like somebody to give me a spec sheet that i could give an engine builder and be somewhat sure of the horsepower I'm going to get. I really dont need anything completely crazy, about 375-390hp. Right now I have installed a Performer Intake, #1406 600cfm carb and HEI ignition. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
Reply to
obdonjuan

Shep

Reply to
obdonjuan

That combo is likely to rip my convertible in half! This goes against everything that is fun but, do you know of anything a little more tame? I am onley saying that is b/c i want it to be reliable but just enough to scare yah. Money is also a consideration. I know i'm getting picky but aren't most guys with their toys? Tell me what you think. Thanks.

obd> I tried that and quite a few others and nobody just spells it out. Heck

Reply to
obdonjuan

Try asking at the forums of

They have a lot of knowledgeable guys there that are very helpful.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Zabolotzky