Pontiac Sunfire ( 2001)

When I turn on the lights going down the road, the service engine light comes on, the trac off light comes on and at idle the lights dim. I am thinking it is either something shorted, a relay or my alt. is going bad. Can someone give me a clue?

Reply to
Redrock

That may a tough one to figure out. First, test the alt volts at about 1500 rpm. If its ok, then clean and seal every ground in the engine compartment that you can find.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul