possible timing chain problem???

one person suggested that on my 3.4(pon.grand prix)my problem could be failing timing chain,not trying to sound stupid but i am aware that this car" twin overhead cams" has a long continuous belt that loops around the cams that is tricky to change,does this have anything to do with the timing chain or are they totoally seperate things to check and change??i have changed timing belts on a 88 olds(3.8),and a grand am ,quad 4 before,is the timing chain pretty simular to change on my 94 gp??is it easier,the same, harder?? also could it be just as some people suggested just a bad plug wire?dampness around the plugs or boots?cam belt??as i stated before it has no check engine light triggered but a slight misfire in engine and poor power,it will get up to speed but it has no quick acceration or pick up. thanks

Reply to
robert -wanda fox