Re: 2004 Grand Prix GT steering noise

Why is there always some smartass in the group? I wanted to know if it's a known defect before I buy the car.

>> I am thinking about buying a 2004 GP with 30000 miles. I like the car >> but >> the steering makes a creaking noise when turning at slow speeds. The > dealer >> says it is a nylon bushing on one of the half shafts. Does anyone have >> any information on this? >> >> Also, the radio cuts out every 4 or 5 minutes for a split second. This > must >> either be a defective radio or loose connection which the dealer will >> have >> to fix, but I'm more concerned about the steering noise. >> >> Thanks > > The car is under warranty, why are you asking here what is wrong with it? > Have him fix it. > > >
Reply to
Bill

Impala's were known to make steering noises around the half shaft's. The solution was to lube the inside of the column up real good.

The radio problem could be a loose wire harness like you say. ANybody who was recently under or inside the dash could of bumped or pulled a wire harness loose.

6000 miles left on the factory warranty.

Good Luck

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 300,324 miles

000,006 - Feb 4,1991

100,000 - Sept. 4, 1995 200,000 - June 19, 2001 1/4 Milllion - Jan 16, 2003 300,000 - March 3, 2005 500,000 - Dream On !
Reply to
Harry Face