1989 pontiac 6000 help please

My husband just called. He was driving home from work and when he pushed on the gas something went pop. He pulled over to the side and now the car will not start. I am trying to research what it could be and having no luck at this moment. Can anyone think of what this could be? Thanks

Reply to
wish_me_luck

Probably a broken piston rod or camshaft.

Reply to
« Paul =?is

Good Luck, you will need it taking this approach to diagnosing a malfunction. Why not tow it to a mechanic? Or is your husband going to wait on the side of the road while you scour the internet with "pop" as a symptom?

wish_me_luck wrote:

Reply to
Weird

Reply to