Re: Boycott Exxon, ESSO and PETRO CANADA

> Why gas and not everything else we buy?

> > Because I really don't see the price of other things increasing as quickly > as gas and most stores don't post the price of their product where you can > see it from the street.

I guess you don't go to the grocery store very much, when I was in school

35-40 years ago there was a lot of anger over the grape growers selling grapes for $.10 per pound when they paid workers squat. Now grapes here are right at $3.00 per pound. The increase in price for grapes is more than that of gasoline. Think what gas would be at if it had gone up 3000% in 40 years.

Back then the oil companies were raping the Arabian fields by paying roughly $.02 per barrel of crude.

Back in the late seventies I drove a car that got 6 mpg, my current car gets over 30 mpg on the highway. I spend roughly the same amount to travel the same distance.

Reply to
john graesser