Re: keyless entry won't work

If you sit inside the van & hit the remote keys, do you hear ANYTHING?

-jwardl

Anth> I purchased a 1999 Trans Port used and am very happy with it so far,

but the keyless entry has stopped working. At first it was > intermittent but now it has stopped working completely. I've changed > the batteries on the remotes and have tried to reset the codes, but > it hasn't helped. the dealer wants over $300 to replace the unit but > I think that they're trying to sucker me into something I don't need > to replace. > > I just think that it is a faulty connection somewhere but don't know > where to look. Any advice on what it could possibly be and where I > can look, either under the hood or the dash to see if I can correct > this problem and same myself $300. > > Any help would be greatly appreciated. > > Thanks, > Anthony
Reply to
jwardl

you said you tried to reset the remotes, im wondering if that meant you held in the lock and unlock buttons for 10 seconds until you heard a horn chirp.... my friends grand am gt did the same thing (1999 model) and i told her to hold down the lock and unlock buttons like i did you and they worked, its like resyncronizing or something like that in the owners manual... and if you have done that already then i dunno... i tried :-P

Reply to
Heath Darwin