Re: OK whats is the opionion here on this subject

> > I have been thinking of changing over to syn. Oil for my 99 Sunfire with a 2.2 > > with 76,000 miles. What is everyone think the best oil is for it, and is there > > any steps that a person should do to make the change work right > > > I would seriously go with the Mobil 1 Drive Clean Syn-blend, for higher > mileage engines. It is perfect for you, because you don't want a full > syn in an older engine unless it started with it. I have heard that it > can actually cause problems. Mobil 1 is a great brand, a little pricey, > but replacing your engine costs more :D. I have a 98 Sunfire with 126K > miles on it, that is the only oil I will put in it.

(you dont want to use synthitic for the first 6k so the engine can brake in. Claims that synthitic oil causes problems are unfounded, most likely pre-existing problems)

Is that 76K with oil changes every 3k? If so going to synthitic wont be a wasted effort at all. It will greatly reduce anymore engine wear. The only step involved with going to synthitic is like any other oil and filter change. Sometimes synthitic can save ya as well. My cousin lost oil pressure in his car and found there was no oil on the dip stick. The synthitic probably saved his engine.

Reply to
Bonnevilles R Kewl

Its not that bad of a price, I found it at Walmart for $2.22 a pint

Reply to
Barry

Hi DeathRat,

I noticed in your closing info that you are a GM Partsman. I was wondering if you can do me a favour and look up a price. I have a 1994 Firebird, and the power buttons to inflate the driver side seat are not functioning. Is there a replacement motor or something that can be repaired? If any part is required, I was curious how much it is. Thanks very much in advance.

Sid

Reply to
Sid