Here is how to stop high fuel prices It will work

WHERE TO BUY YOUR GAS, - THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW.

READ ON-- Why didn't George W. think of this? Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it. It might even be good for us! The Saudis are boycotting American goods. We should return the favor. An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis. Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends. I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell............................. 205,742,000 barrels Chevron/Texaco......... 144,332,000 barrels Exxon /Mobil............... 130,082,000 barrels Marathon/Speedway... 117,740,000 barrels Amoco............................62,231,000 barrels If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION!

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil: Citgo.......................0 barrels Sunoco...................0 barrels Conoco...................0 barrels Sinclair....................0 barrels BP/Phillips..............0 barrels Hess........................0 barrels ARC0..................0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas buyers. It's really simple to do. Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!! I'm sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten mo re (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it ..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. How long would all that take? If each of us sends an e-mail out to ten more people within one day, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next eight days!

Reply to
George Parker

So many inaccuracies in this piece of drivel that it is pathetic.

Take a look at

(search "oil companies") to see them addressed.

DS

Reply to
DFS

Yes indeed, another example of simpleton economics which, if followed, would have none of the desired effects and insteaed serious side effects. Reminds me of Jimmy Carter's idea of the windfall profit tax on oil. The idea was because the price of oil had risen sharply, oil from older wells should be taxed at a special high rate, but not newly discovered oil. Didn't take scammers long to figure out how to pump old oil around from place to place until voila! it became new oil and not subject to the tax. Marc Rich, the infamous commodity traders who fled the US for Switzerland fleeing a criminal indictment was one of the masters of this deal and made hundreds of millions from it. And all of the tax money that was sent to Washington was another economic distortion that went into great ideas like billions for shale oil projects that never produced a drop of oil. Had it been left with the US oil producers, that money could have been used productively, instead of going up in smoke.

Bottom line, you're dealing with a worldwide oil market with tight supplies. Trying to cut out buying from one area, will just result in a reshuffling, but it's not going to deprive any country from getting pretty much the same amount of revenue they do now.

Reply to
trader4

Wish we had you're prices for fuel here in the Netherlands. Expensive? In our countrie 1 liter costs 1,32 euro. 1 gallon is 4.2 liter ( if i'm not mistaken). 1 euro is 1.30 dollar. So that makes a gallon 7,20 dollar.

Just smile :-)

Ronald

"George Parker" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
R. Feddema

Excellent site. I have seen other urban-legend-busting websites but they have been subject-specific.

The OP is just spam or a chain letter, as a call to pass on to several other people is made at the other end. This time the prize is not 5 (or 500) dollars but a feel-good factor.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

I have looked everywhere for your solution to the problem and just can't seem to find it. It is so easy to criticize someone else but so hard to propose a solution. You must be a democrat. Where is your fix for the problem?

Reply to
George Parker

Not sure exactly what your perceived problem is, but if it's our dependence on oil from the middle east, I'd propose that a shift to smaller, more fuel efficient vehicles would go a long way toward solving our problems. A workable mass transit system,which unfortunately, here in the west is far past being a reasonable expectation, might have an impact on both our oil problem and that of traffic congestion.

A foolish boycott of certain brands of gasoline, it has been clearly shown will have zero impact.

By the way, I'm neither a democrat or republican. You must be an idiot ...which pretty much belies your party affiliation.

DS

Reply to
DFS

Well, I dunno, but I'd start with rising fuel prices in the US, to force us away from giant gas-guzzling Suburban Assault Vehicles and into more efficient cars. Never going to happen, cuz Joe SixPack doesn't want to hear it, but neither is your solution of shifting consumption from foreign to domestic oil.

Maybe there aren't any easy answers.

Reply to
William P. N. Smith

Reply to
marlin

Buddy, last time I checked the US has killed 20-30 times as many people as Osama since 9/11, capiche?

cp

Reply to
cp

Yes there are easy answers; base insurance on car engine size. There's no reason for soccer moms to be driving around in 4-5 liter monsters. My father as a 2L 4cyl w124 diesel and it hauls 4 6'3" adults fine, may be it's also time for Americans to discover the fine art of driving stick shift as well.

cp

Reply to
cp

Unfortunately mostly the wrong people too.

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Stick shifts are for the birds. I applaud the US auto industry for giving us decent auto. Would never go back to manual with the sort of driving conditions I face ( urban, motorway :-) )

DAS Former manual-shift fan (Based in Europe)

Dori A Schmetterling

decent auto. Would never go back to manual with the

True, I did spend a couple 30 min stints in first gear, clutch still ok, not much fun...

cp

Reply to
cp

Kill all the elk, caribou, polar bears, moose, etc., drill where the oil is and buy prime steaks and lobster tails. Problem solved.

Reply to
Ernie Sparks

Dori, maybe you should be using public transportation instead. I used to live downtown and I simply stopped driving to work unless I had to work very late, between rush hours or out of town.

I took the subway or walked instead. Loved it.

Europeans like to spotlight their energy conservation and anti-pollution efforts. If I lived in London or in a German town I would walk and use public transportation ... or buy a Smart Fortwo. Sitting in traffic in a BMW or Mercedes is a total waste of money. Why not save them for the weekend drive to the country instead.

Reply to
metrocomm

Yes, both of you are obviously still quite alive. Shame.

Reply to
metrocomm

I couldn't imagine driving to work every day if I lived in Europe, especially when the public transportation is so developed......

cp

Reply to
cp

And the bear testicles we can sell to the Chinese. Supposedly, North America's fuel needs could be solved by growing oil algae, which can be used in place of diesel. That is if the typical American became sensible, perhaps an economic shock will do it. There's no way that 6% of the world's population should be using 25% of the world energy resources and causing 25% of the pollution.

cp

Reply to
cp

Listen @sshole, this is a civilized newsgroup, if you're going to be a prick I suggest you partake in alt.politics