replace speakers 94 GA

hey can anyone point me in the direction of a site on how to replace the rear speakers in a 94 grand am.. i know you have to take the back seat out..just dont know how to go about doing that..any help will be much appreciated..Jimmy

Reply to
JVanwin212

I don't know of any sites, sorry. I own a '95 GA and have replaced the rear speakes more than once. What I had to do was remove the trim starting at the pilar between the doors. (Four door) Two door would probably be just behind the doors. Both top and bottom because of the way it was all put together. Be especially carefull with curved pieced back by the window, and the pieces that cover the pilars of the back window. Then the seat should lift up first, and out second, on each side. Then finally the cover should come off.

Couple of notes. I have a four door as I stated before. I'm not sure how much easier or difficult a two door would be. I've seen inside one. Another note, a friend of mine has a '94, and we noticed a key difference. Her interior light which she has two of are located towards the outside on the side between the doors. Where mine is in the classic center position. I'm not sure if this may effect what you are trying to do. That's all I know about it.

Good luck

Tony

Reply to
Tony V.