See the Holden Pontiac G8 Commodore Pics Here

Is it a Pontiac? Is it a Holden? Its 2...2...2 cars in 1!

Timmy Thompson Private Eye

Its pretty lame when GM has to double dip as oppossed to coming out with a completely fresh new design. They try to pass the G8 off as a new product when its just a rehash of a car they have been using in Australia forever. Thats lame.

Reply to
Stagolee Shelton

with 4 doors it won't make it as a Camaro nor an Impala SS. Might as well make it a station wagon. I think GM is trying to become the Rambler of the

Les Benn

A four door GTO.

Reply to
Anonymous

The Camaro isn't going to have 4 doors.

80 Knight

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...> Is it a Pontiac? Is it a Holden? Its 2...2...2 cars in 1!

How is it lame when GM finally decides to bring over an apparently decent product instead of putting tasteless plastic cladding on FWD turds? I for one will be quite happy if we start seeing some decent RWD sedans here. The only question in my mind is will my current Impala last long enough that I'll be able to get one of the new RWD ones instead of the current-gen FWD ones. I hope the former.

Please don't bash GM for finally making a good decision for once.

nate

Reply to
N8N

I agree. I'll take all the Australian cars I can get. Beats those front-drive rental cars we usually get.

Reply to
Joe

But...is it a real Pontiac?...or will they just leave of Holden the bag?

Reply to
Stagolee Shelton

But...is it a real Pontiac?...or will they just leave of Holden the bag?

Reply to
Stagolee Shelton

While the "Commodore" has been out in AUS "forever", the VE model that they're bringning over as the Pontiac G8 is an all-new design that was just released last fall. Everything about the car is new except for the name.

Personally, I can't wait for the car to get here. GM will FINALLY have an affordable RWD performance sedan with a V8 option (CTS-V obviously fails on the "affordable" part of that equation). My only quandry is whether to buy the G8 GT as soon as it's available or wait a year for the G8 GXP that will most likely follow.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Zabolotzky

Your basic premise is totally WRONG: while Holden has used the Commodore name since nearly before the earth cooled, the present Commodore design is new from the wheels up.

Go take a look at the Holden web site and get educated:

Regards, Bill Bowen Sacramento, CA

P.S. When oh when will GM get smart enough to bring over the Statesman Caprice and the UTE?

Reply to
William H. Bowen

Not only that, the car mags all had long-term testers, and more than one chewed the teeth off the ring and pinion. I don't think you really want a CTS-V unless you like under-engineered.

Reply to
Joe