Slow Windows- 99 Montana

Anyone had trouble with the power windows on a Montana. I have replaced one regulater twice.

Reply to
dennis dunaway

Dennis,

I have a Montana that I have had the regulator and motor replaced on the driver's side. It is just as slow as when the dealership replaced it. I spent big money, so I am going to take it right back and make them fix it. Although, I think that the biggest problem with GM cars in general is poor quality design for power windows. My '92 GA also required all the power window motors, the central switches, and one regulator to be replaced before I finally sold it. This all took place after 100,000 miles, but I was never impressed with the speed of the windows. This makes me think that GM underdesigns their power windows.

Although, I have a budy at work that has a '92 Camry and he also has replaced all the motors on his car as well.

Take the car to the dealer. Outside shops will only butcher the door. And once you have it done, you get 12 months parts and labor warranty for the power window.

On my GA, I had the regulator and motor replaced for the driver's window. Three months later it was acting slow, so I took it back to the nearby Chevy dealer that replaced it initially. They immediately and cheerfully replaced the motor which fixed the problem.

I think that these cars also have highly curved windows which makes the drag even greater.

I hope I helped.

T> Anyone had trouble with the power windows on a Montana. I have replaced one

Reply to
Tony Montanari