Squeek by front wheels

2001 Pontiac Sunfire

I have just started to hear a small sound that sounds like metal on metal, just a light sound, only seems to happen when I go around turns. It sounds like a small piece of metal rubbing when I go around either left or right, any ideas? Thought I would ask this list first since it is really good with this stuff.

Thanks

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

jimbo

Reply to
Andrew

Possibly brake wear indicators. Have it checked out.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

"Andrew" wrote

First thing I would check is how much pad you have left on the front brakes. You may be hearing the wear sensor "just" starting to touch the rotor. The other option is the hub caps (if you have the cheap plastic ones) often make squeaking noises, but it's usually all the time, not just when you go around corners. I'd definitely check the front brake pads first.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

It was the brakes, got them fixed, working good now.

Thanks alot

Reply to
Andrew