Starting Problem 96 Sunfire

1996 Sunfire 4dr. I'm pretty sure I have an ignition system issue but will toss it out for opinions. Lately, if the car has not been started for a few days (it's garaged), or if the weather is very damp, I can't get it started up. Cranks like crazy, with an occasional "chuff" but no start. Spritzing WireDry spray sometimes helps but not always. I don't think it's a fuel issue (I could be wrong!) as the fuel pump and filter were replaced last July, and when it's running it's smooth as silk with good performance and acceleration. When the weather warms up and gets drier, starts as soon as I turn the key. I'm wondering if I might simply just need to replace the wiring, the wiring and plugs, or could there be more to it.

Chuck Reti Detroit MI

Reply to
Chuck Reti