Strut Explanation

Im not very wise with auto parts and i wonder if someone could humor me. My purpose is to understand the suspension components of a 1999 Grand Prix GTP. Reading says the car has struts all the way around with the front being different (parts wise) from the back and with some parts not necessary on the back(?).

Would the complete set of components be...

-a shock

-a housing around the shock (the strut)

-a spring around all that

-a mounting bearing between the shock/strut/spring and the car body in the wheel well

??

Im really not too sure what the mount is all about because ive seen the price range from $12 to $80.

any help is appreciated rolland

Reply to
rollandb

Check out the link below that explain about strut and bearing plate assembly.

Reply to
newsgroup