1971 Lemans T-37

Helllo all, I purchased a Lemans T-37 last week. Anyone have information on it? A few Googles have left me feeling there wasn't many made. 350ci, 350 trans.

TIA, Tim

Reply to
Tim Paullin

It's the GT-37 that's collectible. One year is very rare. Somebody else can chime in; I think they made quite a few GT-37's in '71, but not in '70. I may have my years mixed up.

I don't know how many T-37's were made, but you could probaly go to any public library and get that big coffee table book "encyclopedia of american cars" and that number would be in there. Is a T-37 the same thing as a regular Tempest? I seem to remember they just changed the name in 70, but I could be wrong. I couldn't find a darn thing on the internet about it. The Tempest was the cheapest car in the lineup, and it came in 3 trim levels in the 60's, not counting the Lemans and GTO; If they're rare, it may be that Tempest sales were really slow in 71; or it may be the T37 was actually different from a regular Tempest.

Reply to
Joe
71 Lemans T-37 Production Coupe 7184 Hardtop Coue 29,466 Sedan 8336

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~283,783 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

T-37 was the replacement name for the Tempest. It was you basic grocery getter A-body. Many were powered by 250cu 6-cyl and 350cu 2bbl engines. Not exactly a highly collectable vehicle but still a nice car to cruise in.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

Thanks for the replies gents! All I plan to do is cruise after I restore the body.(interior is very good).

Tim

Reply to
Tim Paullin