Stuttering 2000 GR AM

Hi: My 2000 Gram AM SE, 2.4L Auto tranny has 87000 miles and has started doing a strange little stutter when I turn off the AC at egine idle. If the car is idling it will stutter for about a second as if it's going to shut off then it catches back up and idles fine. If I step on the gas just a bit there is no problem. If the compressor is off and I turn off the AC fan there is no problem. Everything on the car is original equipment. It just started doing this end of last week. It is a daily commuter and runs great.

Maybe some Techron through the injectors?

Is my AC compressor clutch going out?

Thanks for any ideas.

Reply to
Drumstick

check the idle air control motor. may need to be cleaned. that will adjust your idle to compensate for ac being on or off, sounds like it may be partially clogged

Reply to
Scott

Uh-huh, thanks. Now, can I look that up in my Haynes manual???

Reply to
Drumstick

Ok, found the IAC valve in my Haynes manual. Thanks again for your suggestion.

Reply to
Drumstick