Suggestions needed

My younger daughter reports that her '92 Grand Am with a quad four is prone to stalling out after she pulls off an Interstate highway onto an exit ramp and stops at the intersection. But then the car will start for her without any problem. Sustained highway speed seems to be the trigger for whatever is going on. Around town it runs just fine. No hint of a problem. No trouble codes. No warning lights. Nothing. Where do you think I should start looking?

Reply to
Harry McGuffin

Odds are it's either the egr or tcc hanging open/on. You may have to drive it to determine which. Or you just take the egr apart and clean it.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

My younger daughter reports that her '92 Grand Am with a quad four is prone to stalling out after she pulls off an Interstate highway onto an exit ramp and stops at the intersection. But then the car will start for her without any problem. Sustained highway speed seems to be the trigger for whatever is going on. Around town it runs just fine. No hint of a problem. No trouble codes. No warning lights. Nothing. Where do you think I should start looking?

Reply to
Harry McGuffin

Oops. Sent this thing twice by accident. Sorry.

In reference to the advice given to my first posting, I didn't think this engine had an EGR. Might be wrong. Will look into the TCC.

Reply to
Harry McGuffin