Sunfire Transmission oil check

Hi everyone, I recently noticed that the underpart of my transmission box is slightly wet with oil that has leaked over the years. Would someone help me to check the level within the gear-box.

Car: Sunfire Year: 2000. Capacity: 2.2liters

Ps: Apparently there is no dip stick

Thanks you all Harbinger

Reply to
Harbinger

Many automatics don't have dipsticks nowadays. They cost too much. There is a plug on the top of the trans. Take out the plug and see if trans fluid comes out. If not, add fluid until it does.

Most stick shifts never had dipsticks. Take out the plug on the side and see if oil comes out. If not, add oil until it does.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX