Remote starter problem

I just installed a Viper 135HF in my 92 Grand Caravan 3.3lt this is the type that has remote relays. When I try to start the engine everything initializes but the start relay is only activated for a split second, not enough to engage the starter. It seems as though the controller is thinking that the engine is already running and will not allow the starter to engage. The disengage circuit is normally a signal from the Tach wire.

I tried the tachsensor wire attached to the coil pack method, the check for higher voltage method and the manual crank it for 4 seconds type of programming, no luck

I disconnected the tach wire and still no go.

The Viper is capable of sinking 200 ma of current through the start control relay and we tested it at 140ma so the new control relay is funtioning ok.

Any ideas would be appreciated as I can't think that this is a new controller fault and most likely I missed something on th einstal.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Watson

mic canic