Remote start in 94 Explorer

I am hooking up a remote start and the wires going into the ignition switch are a small gauge wire and the wrong colors for what the instruction says, Are the +12 volts (yellow) ignition (red/light green) accessory (gray/yellow) starter (red/light blue) further up the wire harness or do i test and hook into these small gauge wires.Also for the tach wire it says Gray/white wire at coil top of motor ( which i can't find ) but another source says gray/orange @ECM in passenger kick panel, I had this remote hooked up in my Bronco II all the right color & gauge wires went to the ignition, but in the explorer somewhere they change colors and gauge going to the ignition switch to smaller wires. any help would be appreciated. Thanks Lawrence

Reply to
Lawrence