Weird 1996 pontiac exterior lighting problem

Got a weird problem with my 1996 Pontiac Firebird. When I turn on the headlights, the right side headlight is dim. The left side lights up fine. Also when the headlights are off the turn signals work. When the headlights are on, the right side turn signal shows a solid right turn signal on the console, like a exterior bulb is burned out. Turn the headlights off and the right side turn signal works fine. Another strange thing, with the headlights on, the right turn signal light on the console is dimly light. This has got me baffled...

All the exterior lights have been replaced.

Any help is appreciated.

Reply to
scott

Bad ground. Probably on the right side. Probably the headlight.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Agree that it is probably a bad ground on the right side, but could also be on the left side.

Reply to
Cool Jet

Ok, thanks for the info. I will see what I can find out tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Reply to
scott

Thank you all. That worked. Cleaned the other ground and no problem. Went to clean, with what I will call the main ground, and snapped of the bolt... Got it replaced, but dumb for Pontiac to use such a flimsy one.

Scott

Reply to
scott

Scott, I'm glad to hear that your problem is solved. Well done!

Reply to
Cool Jet

I second Cool Jet. Glad we could be of help.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul