2003 Grand Am

I brought the car in Dec 2005 I can put $10 in gas in on Saturday by Tuesday I will need to put another $10 in gas in it I do not let it fall under half a tank Can anyone tell me if there is anything wrong with the car

Reply to
Richie 1967

Sounds pretty normal to me. Sometimes I have to put $10 of gas in mine every few hours.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

I bought an Grand Am SE 2001 2.4L 4 door in December, I wanted a good idea of gas mileage as well, in this case liters/100km's as I am in Canada. My results were City is about 12.5L/100Km and Highway is about 7.5L/100km with average highway speed about 110km/hr and city speed limits are 50km/hr, that was winter driving, results may vary for summer driving, I haven't driven it in the summer yet. Usually only myself aboard with only the golfclubs in the trunk. I keep the tire pressure at about 33psi and am a bit of a leadfoot when pulling away from a stop. I don't base my gas usage on DOLLARS because of the constant fluctuations, it is 1.05 per liter right now in Kitchener, Ontario, but was down to about 93 cents per liter last week this time! If you are from the US then multiply that by 3.85 to get dollars per gallon, approx 4.05/gallon!!! Hope this helps.

Tech

Reply to
Tech

Your crazy to keep putting in $10 at half a tank. Fill the tank, then run it to empty. Fill the tank again then divide the number of miles you drove by the number of gallons added, this will give you your gas mileage for the last tank of gas. If its lower than specs then there could be a problem somewhere.....

Good Luck

Harryface

05 Park Avenue 36,921 91 Bonneville LE 306,353
Reply to
Harry Face