What does a warranty cover?

Hi,

This is obviously a series of stupid questions, but I've never owned a new car before. I have a 2003 Pontiac Vibe with a 3 year bumper-to-bumper warranty. What I see on my warranty is that 'defects in manufacture and workmanship' are covered and normal wear-and-tear isn't.

So here's my questions...

Are oil changes covered? I assume no.

Tire Rotation? What about tire replacement?

Front end alignment?

Tune-ups? Will it need a tune-up in the first 3 years?

Cracks in the windshield? We had a chip taken out of the windshield from flying gravel.

And, basically, if my car is not running or not running well during the warranty period and I take it to a dealer, can I expect it to be fixed free-of-charge?

I looked around for answers to these sort of questions, but obviously everyone knows the answer but me...

thanks,

-- Joe Preston snipped-for-privacy@sumnercom.com

Reply to
Joe Preston

No....except for Cadillac customers.

No, this is your responsibility.

Possibly, if it has a problem right out of the chute. Usually, GM will not look at an alignment problem for 1500 kilometers....and will only cover the alignment until about 12,000 kilometers. It's assumed that all things being equal, if the alignment is out after that period...you, the owner, probably had something to do with it.

Probably not.

You aren't serious are you?

Pretty much....but if I were you I'd sit down and read the warranty part of your manual a bit closer.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

That is so not funny.

Reply to
Paradox

You pay 43K for a Caddy, they do your oil. You pay 22 for a GP, go to Jiffy Lube. End of story.

Reply to
Steven Dinius

Yeah, $50 per year will make a whole in anyone's pocket. Next time pay $500 more per month on a Caddy... :-)

Reply to
Neo

JL = more $ and less service than competent dealers. That not so funny .....

Reply to
Jack Daniels

Bumper to Bumper, forever - If it breaks in 2 pieces, you get to keep both parts. You want good warranty service, buy a Zippo. All others are crap!!

Reply to
Jack Daniels

LOL, how about the warranties for Buck knives or Leatherman tools?

Reply to
FBR

My dad does it anyway.

Reply to