Thoughts on Extended Warranty from Protected Life?

Hello I have a 2010 C4S, bought new, now with 42k miles and I am considering an Extended Warranty through a company called Protected
Life, sold through the Porsche dealership. The service manager said they used to not offer this because they had trouble finding one that could cover things well enough.
The warranty would not cover normal wear/tear like brakes or tires. Something that it would also not cover, that would be covered under the factor warranty, would be anything to do with a manual clutch (but my PDK would be covered) and anything 'cosmetic' as defined as something without a mechanical need, such ask: uphosltery, trim, paint, glass, belt, air bags, exhaust emissions.
They pay full rate for the high-dollar Porsche parts and labor.
The costs are +3 years/100k miles for $5100, +4 years/100k miles for $6700, +5 years/100k miles for $7600.
This would include a tow service up to 25 miles (then mileage), tire repair, $75/day trip interruption expenses, and $50/day rental call.
What do you think?
--
Dan Stephenson
http://web.mac.com/stepheda
> GUEST wrote: > Hello I have a 2010 C4S, bought new, now with 42k miles and I am > considering an Extended Warranty through a company called Protected
> Life, sold through the Porsche dealership. The service manager said > they used to not offer this because they had trouble finding one that > could cover things well enough. > > The warranty would not cover normal wear/tear like brakes or tires. > Something that it would also not cover, that would be covered under the > factor warranty, would be anything to do with a manual clutch (but my > PDK would be covered) and anything 'cosmetic' as defined as something > without a mechanical need, such ask: uphosltery, trim, paint, glass, > belt, air bags, exhaust emissions. > > They pay full rate for the high-dollar Porsche parts and labor. > > The costs are +3 years/100k miles for $5100, +4 years/100k miles for > $6700, +5 years/100k miles for $7600. > > This would include a tow service up to 25 miles (then mileage), tire > repair, $75/day trip interruption expenses, and $50/day rental call. > > What do you think? > -- > Dan Stephenson > http://web.mac.com/stepheda > Travel pages for Europe and the U.S.A. (and New Zealand too)
Prices on that should be half if not less than what they are trying gouge people for.
Best of luck