944 S2 speaker wiring

Hi All,

I'm in the process of fitting new speakers to my S2 and bypassing the amp (as my head unit doesn't need or fit it!) but when I've checked the original wiring from the back of the head unit to the speaker wires in the doors there is no continuity. The continuity between the rear speakers and the head unit is fine.

Does anyone know where the break is in the wiring loom so that I can reconnect the front speaker cable without using the amp.

Regards

Derek

Reply to
Derek Beaumont

Devils944S2

Hiya,

I'm not sure what head unit was in the car when this system worked - I've just bought it and i'm currently making things work again but the speaker wiring has me baffled - the previous owner has made some strange changes!

I cant seem to find the connector that would connect to the amp to the speaker cables. The amp that i have removed it the one next to the ECU (under the passenger side foot well) is there another device somewhere else that I'm missing? The Amp that I removed looked like this

(not mine!) does this connect to something else other than the head unit? Regards

Derek

Reply to
Derek Beaumont

(not mine!) does this connect to something else other than the head unit?>

Reply to
Devils944S2

Hi,

I'm not sure if there is a wheel to balance the speakers (I'm not near the car but I'll have a look when I can), if it should have a wheel and it is missing then that would explain the problem.

The car seems to have had a different interior put in at some point as the door pads have tweeters in which whould suggest a 10 speaker system, but the door pods only have a single woofer and no mid range driver - so I've replaced these with a set of 2 way components. The previous owner had bypassed the wiring, but it was a really bad job, so I removed poor cabling and thought I'd try and get the original connections working - like you suggest if it proves to be a bit of a pain I'll just re-wire them again properly.

The seats look to have come out of a LHD model as the passenger side seat shows more wear the the drivers side (i'm in the UK and the car is a RHD model) and the passenger side seatbelt had a sensor on it but the drivers side did not (so I've swapped those back too!)

Thanks

Derek