Audi R8 vs 911

...the magz (latest issues of Car/Driver and Road/Track) are raving about it, how it's a 24/7 driveable supercar - in the middle of a ferrari and porsche territory

ok.

my question is how can a car with the bodyframe of the R8(really exotic-looking) be considered daily driveable?

any car that captures that many eyeballs on the road isn't daily driveable, atleast in my opinion

your takes on it, anyone....?

Reply to
Lawrence Lugar

My 997 is my daily driver, and I love it.

Reply to
Candy Cane

what model of the 997 do you have?

color combo, stick or tip?

Reply to
Lawrence Lugar

My take is that you don't have a very good imagination. The R8 can't be a daily driver because of how it looks? That's ridiculous.

Reply to
tooloud

My take is that you don't have a very good imagination. The R8 can't be a daily driver because of how it looks? That's ridiculous.

I'm sitting here musing that everyone has a different idea of what "daily driver" means.

My brother-in-law thinks it means driving from his garage in Santa Cruz to his covered, reserved spot at work in San Jose. He doesn't have "winter".

I think it means being able to park almost anywhere, stop at the Food-King on the way home, take the dog to the vet, and drive on the occasional unpaved road. I have "WINTER".

He never LETS me drive HIS car, and he never WANTS to drive MY car...

Laughing! Dave in Colorado

Reply to
DST