Buying a 968, What should I look for??

Hello there,

I'm looking into buying a 968 and I'm wondering what should I look at? I currently own a 944 na so I know quite a bit about them, but I'm just curious what are some quirks common to the 968 that I should be concious of.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Lockloven

The 968 is a great car. I loved mine when I let it go... :-(

Be sure to check out the condition of the tranny. These cars had issues with the pinion bearing.

Check out:

If the owner has service history check if its been fixed already.. If not verify that its not bad, or going...

Other than that the cars are pretty rock solid.

-Adam

Reply to
Adam Schwartz

As Adam already pointed you at my pinion bearings site, I would suggest you have good read of the discussion forum on

The other potential problem you need to know about is the variocam mechanism which need inspection on higher mileage cars. Regards, Martin

968 Cab
Reply to
Martin²