Can the car be locked with the alarm on while charging the battery?

I have a 98 2,5 Boxster. Sometimes I connect it to the Porsche Battery Maintainer (part nr WAP 000-043-202-56) that I bought when I bought the car, when I don't use it for a longer period. But this question always invaded my mind: can the car be locked with the alarm on while charging the battery? Because I know that if the car isn't used for over 5 days, some electrical systems shut-down or are reduced to a minimum, to save the battery. Does this action also disable the electrical system that charges the battery with the Porsche Battery Maintainer?

All the best,

vricardo

98 986 Boxster
Reply to