Noob help

Ok I am on a fact finding mission I am looking at a 944 model (maybe turbo) but I don't have any information or experience of what to look for price wise etc. I am located in Montreal Canada if there is someone around here willing to hook up meet, talk whatever anything would be great. I don't remember what they drive like, as I only drove it once way too long ago. Have a friend with a Ferrari and is nice and all but isn't me, need to talk with people connected to Porsche. So anyone who has been where I am and willing to help out would be great. Send me an email

Thanks JD3

Reply to
JD3

Excellence magazine does a report on different Porsche models on a regular basis (price, condition, which to buy, etc). The April 2003 issue covered the 944, but I'm sure they've done one since then. Look up some back issues for most of the info you need, and be sure to have any Porsche you are thinking about buying checked out by a shop that specializes in Porsches. While a 944 won't cost you that much to purchase, they all cost a lot to fix.

Reply to
Sheldon

Thanks for the info, have a garage lined up they do Porsche and Ferrari so for sure if I find something I will have it checked there. Where can I get that issue of the magazine or is the article online somewhere? Like most things I am interested in I will research the subject to death. This is a quiet mews group I guess people spend their time driving and not online like me ;-)

Thanks JD3

Reply to
JD3

Try this site as a start.

I know it's for a 911 but see if you can use this to get a copy of the magazine. If you really run into a brick wall I can scan the article for you.

E-mail me direct.

snipped-for-privacy@sopris.net

Reply to
Sheldon